Enhancing quality assurance in non-university higher educution providers
National - Essential Series
Mon 25 Sep 2017, 10:00am to 11:00am EST
|Location||Online and at your desk, National|
|Cost inc. GST (Members)||$60|
|Cost inc. GST ||$88|
|Who should attend?||
This webinar follows on from the introductory webinar in the higher edcuation series called “Thinking of becoming a higher education provider – the important issues to consider”.
With reference to the Higher Education Standards Framework, this webinar will cover the key facets of a robust higher education quality assurance framework, including exploring:
- The efficacy of the governance structure of a higher education provider and its membership;
- The effectiveness of planning & review;
- Management of policy documents;
- Review and evaluation of courses;
- The effective use of stakeholder feedback and statistical data;
- Meaningful benchmarking; and
- Assessment moderation.
The webinar will focus on how each of these key facets working together in concert can be a valuable tool for maintaining quality in a higher education context.
- Identify the key components of a higher education quality assurance framework
- Incorporate the concepts presented during the webinar into their own institution’s quality management systems.
Facilitated by: Peter Ryan
Dr Peter Ryan has a wealth of experience in regulatory issues for private higher education providers. Over the past 20 years Peter has assisted a number of institutions to navigate the complex regulatory framework which ensures the quality of Australia’s higher education providers, specialising in the areas of regulatory approvals, quality assurance, and corporate and academic governance. Peter is Founder & CEO of the Higher Education Leadership Institute (HELI). HELI is a consortium of fellow higher education experts and researchers, delivering global best-practice consulting and training to higher education providers.