I am pretty sure I said a year or so ago things ha... Read more
Registrations are now open for the 2017 Victorian... Read more
Women & Leadership Australia (WLA) is administ... Read more
International Education Professional Development... Read more
ACPET NSW State Forum 2017
New South Wales - Essential Series
Wed 15 Mar 2017 EST
|Location||Dockside, Balcony Level, Cockle Bay Wharf, Sydney NSW 2000 , New South Wales|
|Cost inc. GST (Members)||$305|
|Cost inc. GST ||$360|
|Who should attend?||
ACPET is pleased to announce that the 2017 NSW State Forum will be taking place on Wednesday 15th March at Dockside on Darling Harbour. The State Forum is a full day, whole sector forum beginning at 9am (registration open from 8.30am) and concluding at 5.15pm. The Forum will be followed by an hour of networking drinks.
This state wide forum provides an excellent opportunity for members from across the sector to come together with stakeholders from government and industry to look to the future for providers in NSW. Our varied and exciting program is headed by The Hon John Barilaro MP Deputy Premier of NSW and NSW Minister for Skills, who will be delivering a key note address on the role that private providers have to play in education in NSW.
Other speakers include:
• Industry Panel – Time out! What’s the best way for providers and regulators to work WITH one another? featuring :
Melissa McEwen, Branch Manager, VET Student Loans Implementation Taskforce, Department of Education and Training
Dr Michael Tomlinson, Director, Assurance Group, TEQSA
Pam Christie, Executive Director, Regulatory Operations, ASQA
David Collins, Executive Director, Training Services NSW
Professor Ray Roennfeldt, President, Avondale College
• Wendy Walker, Section Director, DET: Influencing post-secondary education buyer behaviour: private or public, HE or VET
• Sue Sundstrom, President, Careers Advisor Association of NSW and ACT: Career Advisor conversation insights
For a full list of speakers, please click here.
The Forum will also feature two World Café style Think Tanks. In these interactive sessions, attendees will consider a number of questions relating to an overarching theme and their thoughts will be fed back to the room. These Think Tanks will enable attendees to participate in the discussion and share their views. The subjects of these Think Tanks are:
• The Big Picture
• The Home Front
Attendees of the NSW State Forum will enhance their knowledge of the issues surrounding the education sector in NSW, as well as gain a better understanding of what 2017 holds for the sector.
Presentations will focus on a number of topics:
• high level policy updates from senior figures at a state and federal level
• insight into the make-up of buyer behaviour and how our members can change the perception of the private sector
• practical tips and advice on key elements of running an RTO
• information on expanding your business into the international market
The forum will be interactive with a series of Think Tank style activities as well as an opportunity to ask questions of speakers throughout the day.