This week will see the announcement of successful... Read more
Since 1994, the Australian Training Awards have re... Read more
With around six months left until the 18-month tra... Read more
National release of a Peer Review Portal The re... Read more
Standard 1 and LLN: Has your RTO got what it takes?
National - Introduction Series
Wed 8 Mar 2017, 11:00am to 12:00pm AEDT
|Location||Online and at your desk, National|
|Cost inc. GST (Members)||$60|
|Cost inc. GST ||$88|
|Who should attend?||
This webinar will provide an opportunity for RTO business and compliance managers to consider their pre-training processes from the perspective of how well they comply with the requirement to respond to learner language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) support needs (Standard 1 of the Standards for RTOs 2015).
It will review:
- Various formal and informal approaches to identifying learner LLN support needs being used in RTO pre-training processes
- How best to capitalise on indicators of LLN support needs captured during pre-training processes.
By the end of this webinar, participants will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Compare a range of formal and informal ways to identify learners’ LLN support needs in pre-training processes
- Consider if own RTO’s pre-training processes are fit for purpose in identifying learners’ LLN support needs
- Identify opportunities to improve the pre-training learner LLN information that RTOs capture.
Facilitated by: Jana Scomazzon
Having recently consulted nationally on how private and public RTOs are meeting compliance requirements with regard to learners’ language, literacy and numeracy levels, Jana Scomazzon brings a unique perspective to this discussion. Over the 16 years that Jana has been facilitating PD, participants have spoken of her deep knowledge of VET policy, practice and product; the clarity with which she shares that knowledge; and her engaging presentation style.